Climate change isn’t a distant threat—it’s our present reality.
In response, the industrial vehicle technology sector is proactively shifting towards sustainable solutions. The Industrial & Off-Highway Vehicle Technology Expo (iVT Expo) Europe 2023 highlighted the strides taken by this sector, committing to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
At Delta-Q Technologies, we are ever charging towards this brighter, cleaner future, ready to contribute to the sustainability revolution with cutting-edge solutions like our XV3300 battery charger.
Understanding the Path to Net-Zero
The path to net-zero emissions, as evident from the Expo, demands an array of solutions. And leading this race to sustainability is battery electric technology, a sector that has industrialized and matured considerably over the past few decades.
While the iVT Expo USA focused on the value of individual components that make up the modern electrical solution, iVT Expo Europe advocated overarching awareness, the creation of comprehensive system solutions, and the establishment of sustainability best practices, such as:
- Compact machinery electrification – Significant dialogue surrounded the electrification of compact machinery. The industry is no longer asking ‘if’, but shifting towards ‘when’ and ‘how’.
- Alternative fuels – The Expo further spotlighted alternative fuels and eFuels as potential game-changers, bridging the gap in the race towards 2050’s net-zero targets.
iVT Expo Europe further highlighted the recognition of electrification as an inevitable norm, focusing on optimizing the transition timeline and methodology. The event served as a robust platform for revealing technological advancements championing this cause—not least of which was Delta-Q’s own XV3300 charging solution.
Delta-Q Technologies’ Innovative XV3300 Solution
The XV3300 battery charger, a three-in-one on-board charging system, was a crowd puller at the Expo. Its superior performance and innovative features make it ideally suited for non-road mobile machinery electric drivetrains.
Our solution integrates a 3.3 kW battery charger, a 500 W DC-DC converter to power the vehicles’ auxiliary loads, and an EV charging station interface—all in a compact, rugged IP67 design. This efficient charging system simplifies electrification for OEMs.
The XV3300, available in 58.8, 65, and 120-volt DC models, employs intricate algorithms to deliver a precise charge to batteries of various chemistries and voltages, maximizing battery life and optimizing charge time. This system is scalable—allowing OEMs to stack up to three chargers for power levels up to 10 kW.
Specific benefits of the XV3300 charger include:
- Unparalleled durability – Tested under the most rigorous conditions, the XV3300 stands up to extreme shock and vibration. Its robust design prevents damage from dust and liquids, and it can withstand immersion in water up to one meter.
- Comprehensive safety measures – The XV3300 offers superior protection capabilities. It is designed to safely charge batteries with chemistries and voltages ranging from 48 V to 120 V. Its in-built safety features guard against short circuits, over-voltage, and over-temperature, offering peace of mind to operators in an array of applications.
- Integrated auxiliary power – The XV3300 comes with an integrated DC-DC converter, a smart feature that powers vehicle accessories. This eliminates the need for a separate DC-DC converter, reducing complexity, saving space, and cutting costs for OEMs and equipment operators.
- Universal charging compatibility – The XV3300 showcases excellent compatibility by adhering to SAE J1772 and IEC 61851 standards. This allows it to charge from standard EVSE AC charging stations prevalent in North America and Europe, offering users a greater degree of flexibility in charging options and locations.
Substantial demand greeted the XV3300 upon its full-scale production launch, and this interest was mirrored at the Expo, where it was proudly displayed at the Jungheinrich Powertrain Solutions booth.
Charging a Sustainable Future with Delta-Q
iVT Expo Europe 2023 served as a stark reminder of our collective responsibility to combat climate change. The event stressed the industry’s duty to act immediately and decisively to build a net-zero future.
As we step into an era marked by sustainability and efficiency, it’s clear that innovative solutions like the XV3300 are more than just products; they represent a paradigm shift towards smarter, greener, and more versatile electrical charging solutions. Stay connected with us on this journey towards an electric, sustainable future and discover how the XV3300 and our suite of charging solutions can power new operations.
About Delta-Q Technologies
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, and spanning across five continents, Delta-Q Technologies stands at the forefront of a global shift towards electric energy. Our passion for engineering excellence and dedication to perseverance fuels our commitment to collaboratively designing, testing, and producing robust battery chargers that enhance the performance of electric vehicles and industrial machinery across diverse sectors.
As part of the ZAPI GROUP, we leverage our global expertise and deep industry insights to meet the unique needs of Tier 1 OEMs. We continuously strive to guide our partners through the electrification process, striving to make a tangible impact on sustainability.
With applications ranging from electric golf cars, aerial work platforms, and utility vehicles to the burgeoning outdoor power equipment market, our innovative charging solutions are powering a more efficient and environmentally friendly future.