To check the default charge profile, follow these steps:
- Disconnect AC power from the charger or unplug the AC cord from the wall and wait 30 seconds for the charger to completely power down.
- As you reconnect AC power press and hold the charger’s button (with the wrench symbol on it) until the red error indicator begins to flash. Once this happens, release the button.
- To verify the current charge profile, press the button again and the display will flash the currently selected profile (e.g. P-0-1-1 would indicate profile 11).
- To advance through the pre-loaded charging profiles press and release the button until the desired profile is reached.
- Once the desired profile is reached press and hold the button for 10 seconds to confirm the profile change and exit the selection mode.
The process will time out after 15 seconds of inactivity and the charge profile will revert to the profile at the beginning of the process
For the QuiQ and QuiQ-dci:
- Disconnect AC power from the outlet.
- Remove the positive lead from the battery pack.
- Apply AC power and the charger will display the charge profile number after the power on self-test:
- All charge profiles will display as a series of flashes of the ‘80%’ LED light.
- Charge profiles #1-6 will also be indicated by the ammeter LEDs (see user guide for more information).
- Charge profile number display runs for 11 seconds, then is completed.
- Remove the AC Power source and reconnect the positive lead.
Three flashes of the 80% LED light (***) = Charge profile 3
Two flashes of the 80% LED light (**) – Pause – one flash (*) = Charge profile 21
To change the default charge profile, follow these steps:
- Enter charge profile display mode, as described above.
- While the charge profile number is displayed—for 11 seconds—touch the positive lead to the battery pack’s positive terminal for 3.0 seconds (+/- 0.5 seconds).
- Remove the positive lead from the battery pack. The charge profile number will increase incrementally.
- To advance the charge profile number again, repeat steps 2 and 3 within 30 seconds.
- To lock in the desired charge profile as the default, touch the positive lead to the positive terminal and hold it until the relay clicks. This will take around 10 seconds. The new default algorithm is now stored.
- Remove the AC power source and check the default charge profile (as described above).
- Contact your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) if your battery pack is not supported by the charge profiles loaded onto your charger.