Product Change Notice: IC650 Software UpdateMarch 23, 2016
Delta-Q will be updating the software used on the IC650 series chargers (950-xxxx and 940-xxxx) to Version 4.3.3 on product shipped after April 6, 2016.
- In preparation for a flash memory change the IC650 software is required to be updated to version 4.3.3 or higher on product shipped after April 6, 2016. The PCN for the flash memory change is separate from this PCN and will take effect on units produced at our factory after July 1, 2016. Software Version 4.3.3 contains all the fixes included in Versions 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x and is the same code base as the recently released IC900 and IC1200 products. In addition, Version 4.x contains many new software features to support better usability, data logging, and significant advancements in CANbus support.
- Please contact your Delta-Q Application Engineer at email@example.com should you have any concerns.
Who is affected:
- All customers in production with IC650 products.
- Part numbers: 940-0001 though to 940-0035 and 950-0001.
Why is the change required:
- The existing software versions; 1.x, 2.x and 3.x are not compatible with the new flash memory being rolled out on July 1, 2016.
- A common code base for the whole IC series product line is more robust, easier to maintain, and includes fixes included in the previous releases.
- Customers will benefit from the additional features added to the charger in the new software.
What is done to validate the change:
- The software team has validated Software Version 4.x in the launch of the IC1200, IC900 and in two full regression cycles on the IC650 since September 2015. We have sent copies of V4.x software to many customers since October 2015. The accumulation of feedback from customers is reflected in version 4.3.3.
When will the change occur:
- Software V4.3.3 will start shipping on product leaving the warehouse and the factory on April 6, 2016.
What actions are required:
- No action is required on your part. The same algorithm set you currently have will be updated on your units and will operate as expected.
- If you are interested in trialing Software Version 4.3.3 before you receive your production hardware with this software, please contact application engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the software and battery charge algorithms you desire to validate.
For additional details, please contact:
Delta-Q Application Engineering